- HCRG Facilities
- Wet Chemistry and Catalysts Preparation
- Catalyst Activity/Stability Testing
- Temperature Programmed/Pulse/Vacuum/Flow
- GC/GCMS/Other Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Laser Raman Spectroscopy
- PEM Fuel Cell Testing
- RDE Half Cell Testing
- RRDE Activity/Selectivity Testing
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Mobile Experimentation
- HCRG Shared Facilities
Catalyst Activity/Stability Testing
Our goal is to examine the catalytic performance of the materials, to elucidate reaction schemes, to obtain kinetic parameters, and to establish relationships between the catalytic performance and the physical and chemical characteristics of the catalysts.
We employ several types of catalyst activity and selectivity evaluations:
- Steady-State reaction experiments
- Transient-response and pulsed reaction studies
- Kinetic measurements
- Isotopic labeling studies at transient and steady-state
- Isotopic labeling combined with in-situ vibrational spectroscopy
We can often correlate catalyst activity to such fundamental parameters as metal dispersion, surface composition, phase purity, and particle size. Selectivity may be controlled by these factors and several more including adsorption/desorption behavior, acid/base strength, and spillover effects.
We use various reactor/furnace combinations depending upon the scale of the project. Most of our micro-reactor furnaces are designed and constructed in-house, while many of the high-temperaure, multi-zone furnaces are commercial.