- HCRG Facilities
- Wet Chemistry and Catalysts Preparation
- Catalyst Activity/Stability Testing
- Temperature Programmed/Pulse/Vacuum/Flow
- GC/GCMS/Other Analysis
- Thermal Analysis
- Laser Raman Spectroscopy
- PEM Fuel Cell Testing
- RDE Half Cell Testing
- RRDE Activity/Selectivity Testing
- Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
- Mobile Experimentation
- HCRG Shared Facilities
RDE Half Cell Testing
The activity of our cathode samples for the oxygen reduction reaction are gauged with Linear Sweep Voltammetry (LSV) experiments using a PAR 263A Potentiostat/Galvinostat and a PAR 616 Rotating Disk Electrode (RDE) half-cell set-up.
These tests give an indication of how a sample would perform in an actual fuel cell, or how much the potential will drop from theoretical before the reaction rate (and current) increases.