Wet Chemistry and Catalysts Preparation
Our goal is to prepare catalysts with desired chemical and physical properties and to establish the relations between synthesis parameters and catalytic performance.
Controlled crystal growth
We prepare many types of catalysts at different scales ranging from the miligram to kilogram range, fine powder to sieved pellets, and structured catalysts such as wafers and monoliths.
Some of the avaliable equiptment for catalyst synthesis includes:
- Three 1000°C multiple ramp tube furnaces
- Two 800°C single ramp tube furnace
- Rotary evaporator
- pH meter and pump controller
- Analytical glassware (precipitation/filtering/co-precipitation)
- Drying oven
- Dry box
- 10-500mesh screens/catalyst pellet grinder
- 1500lb. hot press w/ various pellet dyes